Friday, April 25, 2008

People will pay anything for art

I swear I could make a mint off my kids school art work.

I am surfing the web and come across this in a folk art gallery. They wanted $125 dollars for this. Canadian...American same difference right now.

If an adult drew this cudo's to them for making some sucker pay for this. If you want something similar for your walls spend a $125 dollars on art supplies and donate this to a first grade class. You will get a far better quality and variety plus the $125 dollars will be put to good use.

I support art, I am not an artist, my renderings are stick figures and not much more. However I think in a pinch the artist borrowed their child's class assignment. "Draw what you did this weekend."

Timmy inspired by a road trip to the pettying zoo with Mummy and Daddy drew furiously with red and green but didn't have lots of black so used a number 2 pencil instead to draw mummy and daddy.
I'm partial to the 'chickens??" in the right bottom corner.

blah blah

No comments: