Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Things that Grind my gears #6

I think this is the worst offender so far.

the most irritating thing of late is that we have found this lovely little eatery in my neighborhood that makes great food, great atmosphere and its easy on the pocket book. What I don't like is paying to hear this one woman who sits wayyyyyyyy over on the other side of the restaurant talking to some person at the next table. She has one level of intonation - loud. We all get to hear her share what she and Joe did that day in painful detail.

We now have made a habit of walking into the restaurant, taken a look around to make sure said loud lady is not in residence and if she is we leave. I've been tempted to give my cellphone number to the nice server there to call us when the lady leaves.

Some people are loud occasionally and thats okay. Loud talkers that are in love with themselves and their voices need to experience some time out in public places.

Why can't I just go up to her and ask her to "shut the F!!! up" nicely of course.

No comments: