Friday, June 20, 2008

Things that Grind my gears #5

Well today.... what really grinds my gears is going to a web page and there is a big flashy message telling me two of my contacts have a crush on me.

First of all I get quickly psyched. Yes I momentarily fall for it... just a little...

It makes me curious... well who might have a crush one me??? Hello I've been married for 15 years who cares right... well for the ego its kinda cool.

Of course its an add not directed at me but for one millisecond I kinda want to push that button.

So lets say this certain page does know its me coming to look up spools of thread (boy they are better than Kresgin) and they just happen to know that a certain someone has been Blogging in Draft how much they ache to tell me they are so into 'me'.
Do I really want to know? What if its my best friend opposite sex. That would make for some tense uncomfortable times the next time we see each other. Hey there Bob the reason your my best friend and not my lover is because well... you just don't do it for me that way. Even worse would be my friend of my own gender. I have no problem with people's sexuality but for how much I don't want to have naughty thoughts about the platonic men in my life, its 10 times more to the extreme that I don't want to have those thoughts about my girls.

One of these days I'll press that button though, I'll be fed up and just go to the link. Kill the curiosity for once and for all.

Still for the Ego - its nice to know even for a millisecond that maybe someone likes me... I mean they really REALLY like me.

Cheers

No comments: