Monday, June 9, 2008

Things that Grind my gears #4

Line hoppers really make me steam.

Its that sense of entitlement that I think gets me completely. I think most people have been in a line at a store and just chuckle if a small child jumps to the front of the que. They have no concept for waiting their turn.

Some people never do learn to wait their turn.

There are two parties in this group that will create a tight grimace on my face. The people that walk in the middle of two defined lines and walk right up to the cashier to have their order taken. I have been pleased more then once when an aware attendant has sent that person packing to the back of the line but for the most part this does not happen.

The other party that should get the big boot to the ass though is the co-conspirator. We've all been here. We have so many minutes to dash out grab a quick coffee and get back to our desk. Some schlub in front of you suddenly see's their friend walk into the store and waves them over. Hey bud in behind me, its totally cool or... what are you ordering I'll get it for you. We've all seen it and maybe we've all been guilty of this but come on... we all had to wait our turn... what makes Dude so special?

Why am I talking about this today... well this very situation happened only "Dude" had a list from his co-workers of 15 coffee's.

I think I might re-join the coffee club at work. So some people make tea coloured coffee and others can strip paint with theirs... its probably better for my blood pressure.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Oh that makes my blood boil too. I like to give people in the first situation the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes it's hard to tell if people are in a line or waiting for their coffee! But the second OY